It’s obvious that pretty much any individual would find it in their best interests to go for some form of higher learning further down the line. After all, only a select few people opt for a job directly after completing their school, and their prospects aren’t exactly all that appealing. More often than not, employers choose people with degrees that indicate their specialisation in a relevant field. This is one of the major reasons why higher learning has become such a crucial aspect in modern times.
However, the act of attaining higher learning is way more challenging than it sounds. We say this because several factors need to be kept in mind for the same, and failing to do so will lead to a situation where you’ve wasted your money on a degree that isn’t all that worth it in the long run. This makes it all the more important to ensure that little to no problems come in the way of anyone who wishes to expand their skill sets and learn from the very best.
We’ve already mentioned the factors involved in obtaining a respectable level of higher learning, and one such factor that needs to be taken into account for the same is the faculty present in an educational institution. This is of prime importance – there’s no point having world-class facilities and a beautiful, sprawling campus if the institution’s faculty is inept. They won’t even be remotely capable of handling an entire batch full of numerous students, let alone provide a level of education that’s worth the money being invested in the child’s education.
Very rarely will you find a college that genuinely provides a level of education that can be accurately described as ‘value for money.’ Instead, what most students have to deal with are inexperienced teachers and professors who have no passion for their craft and wish to go about with what they assume to be nothing more than the ‘daily grind.’
This is in stark contrast to renowned institutes like Pearl Academy, which place the required importance on its faculty and sport numerous educators who are passionate about what they teach and wish to transfer this zeal to learn in their students as well. This is coupled with the fact that most of this faculty is internationally accredited and is proficient when it comes to their craft.
Ultimately, this will prove to be a massive help for students, since they’ll be invested in the subjects being taught to them. This, coupled with the application of Education 4.0 principles, will help them attain learning across a number of verticals and excel in the field of their choice. With these benefits, it’s evident that an eminent faculty with substantial experience will prove to be a massive help in accentuating one’s learning prospects.
Pearl Academy ensures that both student and faculty satisfaction is at an all-time high. The institute’s training programs help teachers improve their own knowledge base and teaching ability. Along with this, the faculty has been provided with numerous opportunities to attain prestigious accolades. Some of the many achievements of our faculty are listed below.
- The School of Design and School of Foundation faculty designed and executed an interactive installation for the Kala Ghoda Art Festival in Mumbai.
- Maliha Sultan Chaudhary was invited to be a Jury Member for the National Level IIID Design Excellence Awards on 15th and 16th Feb in Kolkata.
- Faculty Shambwaditya Ghosh presented his paper, titled ‘Creating Historical Knowledge: Asserting Language and Culture in 18th Century Bengal’ in the annual conference of the India International Society for 18th Century Studies (IISECS) at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi on 22nd February 2019.
- Shovin Bhattacharya, a member of the School of Foundation faculty, had his artwork featured at ‘No Image,’ an international exhibition at the CICA Museum, South Korea. The exhibition was held from August 31 to September 16, 2018, featuring Text Art, Sound Art, and Installation Art of artists worldwide. He also showcased his artwork at ‘Sculpt for Delhi 2’ at the India International Centre.
- School of Design faculty members Puja Anand and Alok Bhasin wrote a research paper titled ‘The Banal Versus the Individual: A Study of the Influence of Global Trends on Architecture and Interior Design.’ The paper was selected at the Cumulus Wuxi 2018 conference in China, held from October 31 to November 3, 2018.
- Ashish Dhaka and Sonika Khar’s shared, titled ‘Parivartan: Crafting Tassles To Re-Invent Garment Making’ was presented at the 6th Global Fashion Conference at the London College of Fashion.
- Anita Bora presented her shared research paper on ‘Sustaining the Gandhian Philosophy in Global Fashion for Improved Adaptability’ at the 6th Global Fashion Conference, “What’s going on? A discourse on Fashion, Design and Sustainability” at the London College of Fashion on 1st November 2018.
- Sakshi Sethi, the Course Leader of Fashion Media Makeup, collaborated with Cocoaberry talent management, run by famous model Alesia Raut for training on Makeup and Hair for models. Students will get the opportunity to do the makeup and hair of these models for two days in Pearl Academy.
- Neha Dimri & Digvijay Singh’s paper, titled ‘Paradox of Opportunities: A Comparative Perspective,’ and Shalini Bisht’s paper, titled ‘Future of Indian Salwar: Resurgence of Gender Equality,’ were presented at the 6th Global Fashion Conference at the London College of Fashion.
- Ashish Dhaka and Sonika Khar’s shared paper, titled ‘Parivartan: Crafting Tassles To Re-Invent Garment Making,’ was presented at the 6th Global Fashion Conference at the London College of Fashion.
- Ruchira Bahl and Manpreet Kaur presented a paper, titled ‘Time Unbound: Interweaving Cultural Craft and Design with a Vision for Sustenance’ at the Cumulus Conference 2018 from 31st October to 3rd November at the Jiangnan University, Wuxi, China.
A student that wishes to secure the best level of higher learning possible would definitely benefit from learning in an institute where the faculty is invested in their job. This will allow them to make the most of the time they spend in their respective course and attain the information required to become a stalwart player in the field of their choice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the role of a faculty member?
In a college and university, faculty members generally perform the duties of research and teaching. The faculty of an institute is what eventually forms its backbone, highlighting it as one of the critical characteristics of a body of education.
What is the difference between teacher and faculty?
The term ‘faculty’ refers to the collective workforce of an institute, while ‘teacher’ refers to an individual solely responsible for imparting knowledge to the students. All teachers are part of the faculty, but all members of the faculty are not teachers.
Is a Dean considered faculty?
The term ‘faculty’ encompasses all individuals employed as staff in the learning process at an institute. As the term extends beyond just teachers, it can be concluded that the Dean can be included as part of the term ‘faculty.’